Thursday, July 8, 2010
As we experience the Metro DC heat,allow me to suggest a couple of items/features of your home to highlight first to improve the saleability of your home. If your home doesn't have these items/features,consider the cost of them and how much return you will get in the successful sale of your home. I'd be happy to come over for a pre-market evaluation of your home.
1. Energy Efficient Appliances, Insulation and Windows
2. New air conditioning unit
3. Ceiling fans
4. Outdoor living space: Patio/Balcony/Screened porch/Front porch
5. Covered parking - carport or garage. Call it "shaded parking",so your seat and steering wheel aren't boiling when you get into your car.
6. Shaded yard.
7. Home office. A great feature in homes,but could be seen as a particular value in the summer,if,for instance,a home buyer's child(ren)are at home. The buyer needs to stay home so supervise the kids and also may need to work.
8. A fixed heating/ac cost. Turn around a "negative" if you have a high condo fee,but the cost includes includes your heating/ac no matter what the temperature is set at. Most single family homes,even townhouses and condominiums have utility bills that vary each month by use. Their bills are probably very high
during heat waves and blizzards,while your bill stays the same (because it is built into your condo fee).
9.Master baths with a great soaking tub and a separate shower..
10. If you own a pool or home is part of a Home Owner's Association and the fee includes membership to a pool. If it doesn't,perhaps offer the home buyer one season of pool membership.
If you know anybody who is considering selling his or her home,I appreciate you passing my contact information to them and letting them know about my free pre-market evaluation
Licensed in MD & DC
7821 Tuckerman Lane
301-718-4100 ext. 132