1. Interest rates are still very low so your home.
2. There is a lack of housing inventory
3. Most potential buyers are back from their summer vacations and are in town, ready to
make a move if the right home comes up.
4. While some buyers may have stopped looking because of the school year, there are buyers whose moves are more related to finding the right home and the right time is when the right
home comes on the market. And, the right home can be your home, if your home shows well and is priced correctly.
5. There are potential buyers who are renting and their leases are ending soon and/or they are renting month to month/on short term leases until the right home comes up.
6. There are buyers who move for jobs throughout the year.
7. The fall is a beautiful season, potential buyers appreciate curb appeal, front and back
yards, patios and decks. It may be a hair cooler now than it was over the summer, so it might be an even more appealing and comfortable time for buyers to move.
8. Buyers whose moves aren't tied to a certain time of year are serious buyers and those are the buyers who you want to consider your home.
Even if you aren't certain about listing your home for sale right now, you should invite me over to take pictures of your home right now, while it is beautiful outside. I'll get beautiful pictures of your home without the lawn, driveway, any part of the house covered with snow, The pictures will be dark, as opposed to gloomy. You sometimes don't get a second chance to make
a good impression with buyers. We want your home to show well.
Here are several reasons why it is a great idea to buy in the fall:
1. Interest rates are still at an historic low and who knows what the interest rates will be in
2. Your monthly mortgage may be less than what your monthly rent is/could be -- I can refer you to a lender to get you approved for a loan.
3. You may be competing with less buyers for a home than you were over the summer, as some people time their moves around the school year and school is back in session.
4. You can fully appreciate and see the outside of the home, the yard, patios and decks.
5. The sun still sets pretty late each day so you can really take a good look at homes.
6. If you buy in the fall, you can be in your new home for the holidays
7. Any homeowner who has their home on the market during the fall season is serious about moving and so their move isn't tied to the school year. You and a seller could be a perfect fit for each other.
8. A seller whose home was on the market during the spring and or summer, didn't get sold results and is still on the market as we enter the fall, may be more open to negotiations if the home seems like a fit for you.
9. Each month you continue to rent, you are paying somebody else's mortgage instead of building equity.
Whether you or someone you know is thinking of buying or selling their home, has a real estate
question or is just curious about t the market is doing, I would be delighted to meet and speak. I am here to help make your potential moves smooth. Whenever the time is right for you and yours, I would be delighted to speak.
I am always thankful and available for your kind referrals.
Life is good!
Licensed in MD & DC
Office: (301)469-4700 - ask for Adam
Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.
information deemed to be accurate but not guaranteed.