Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sellers who regret not selling their home


I've been working with buyers in a neighborhood where there is a small supply of
homes on the market that meet their criteria.

I contacted home owners who have taken their houses off the market during the last several months to let them know I am working with buyers in their neighborhood,if they know neighbors thinking of selling and/or if they're still interested in selling.

One former seller told me that someone inquired about renting his home shortly after their home was put on the market. The owners decided to rent the home out. Now the renter is 3 months behind on rent. The owners are irrate,beside himself and working on the eviction process,which is taxing and time consuming. They wish that they sold their home instead of renting it out,even though the market value of their home isn't where they want it to be.

They told me to call again at the end of the month to see where he is in the eviction process and if my buyer hasn't found a home yet. The sellers were reasonable and happy to talk with me about their situation,wanting to sell even though they are in a tough situation with their tenant.

As I tell all my clients, just because a home 'is not on the market' doesn't mean it isn't for sale. I keep my eyes and ears out for them. That is part of my marketing effort as their realtor.

Meanwhile, I will continue to explore other options for this buyer.

By the way,if you know anybody in MD or DC looking to buy or sell a home,I always have time for thier referrals.

Adam
adambashein@mris.com
www.basheinhomes.info
CELL: 301-943-4370

Adam Bashein
Licensed in MD & DC

Weichert Realtors
7821 Tuckerman Lane
Potomac,MD 20854
301-718-4100 ext. 132

No comments:

Post a Comment