Thursday, August 13, 2009

The small world of real estate

I've been working with one of my buyers on finding a home in Silver Spring, Maryland and one of the homes we looked at the other day is listed by one of my good friend's mothers. The home has 3 bedrooms,a nice kitchen and gazeba plus great curb appeal. The owner has taken great care of it.

I haven't crossed paths before with my friend's mother businesswise, but she remembered her son mentioning that I am a realtor. Her son and I went to high school together,were roommates for a few months in Israel,have maintained a friendship and gave each other honors at our weddings.

It was a wonderful opportunity to catch up with my friend's mother and engage in positive networking. Transactions work out so much more smoothly when agents as well as the buyers and sellers in the transaction have a good rapport. The only question is if this is the home of my buyer's dream or not and if we can come to a meeting of the minds on price and terms. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment