Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Through networking with others in your industry,you can be more of a consultant to and better serve your clients.



Never under estimate the value in networking with your "competitors"...and don't view them all as competitors. I endeavor to to find out as much information as I can for my client prior to showing the home (and when time doesn't permit after meeting with my client),so I can better serve his or her needs and provide valuable "insider" information.

I just had a conversation with an agent whose Bethesda condominium listing I am showing (among other homes today) and got information that could go far improving the "saleability" of the home. According to her,one bedroom closet is so big that you can add a bath...the condo association has approved other units doing this and making their condominiums 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with 1 master (when their homes used to be 2 bedroom,1 bath units). Furthermore,she referred me to a contractor who has done this renovation to several units and is "the expert"...which is important when having major work done in a condominium building.

I find this amazing on TWO FRONTS:

First,the condo fee for this building INCLUDES WATER and if one adds a bath to his or her home,then he or she is likely to increase the use of water (which would increase the condo building's water bill). To that point,I am sure if the condominium building is diligen and reviews bills annually (along with the new projects the building might undertake that require further assessing owners),they adjust the following year's condo fees for each unit due to increasing (or in the less likely scenario decreasing)expenses.

Second,I am surprised the listing remarks don't say anything along the lines of "room for potential second/master bath". That's a great value and could further entice buyers, in a similar matter where buyers are further enticed to see listings that have offices/dens that could be another bedroom. But,to that point,that is one reason I am hear writing. To help you through my networking with other agents.

I am excited to show this home to my new client and,selfishly, to see it for myself!

Let me know if I can help you or your friends fulfill their real estate dreams.

I am looking forward to seeing this condo unit today.

Make it a great day!

Adam
CELL: 301-943-4370
adambashein@mris.com

Licensed in MD & DC
301-718-4100
Weichert Realtors
basheinhomes.info

No comments:

Post a Comment