Monday, November 4, 2013

What do realtors do during weekdays?

Call:  (301)943-4370

One of the reasons to list or buy a home with a full time realtor is to deal with important, yet what many consider to be mundane details in a real estate transaction.

Some people wonder what real estate agents do during the day.   At around noon today one of my buyer's home inspectors called me for help.  There was an issue with a showing code that the seller's realtor gave him for opening a lockbox to the home. He was at the home to retrieve the radon test and he was having trouble reaching that agent.  I told the inspector that if he could wait a half an hour, I would be happy to run over to the home and open the lockbox for him.

So, I got in my car and headed out to the home.  When I was about 5 minutes away from the house, the inspector called.  I was sure he was going to ask how far I was from the home. No, he called to tell me that the seller's realtor just connected with him, the lockbox issue was resolved, he was able to pick up the radon test and didn't need me to come to the home after all.

After mumbling to myself for a few seconds about making a drive out for nothing, I said to myself that one of the many reasons I am a full time agent is so I could be there for my clients in a pinch.  That is why people want to work with me. 

The most important thing is the result, namely,  in this case, the inspector ultimately being able to retrieve the radon test, so he can now send the test to a lab and get the results for my buyers within the contingency period.

Whenever you or anyone you know needs a realtor who will be there every step of the way in a home sale, please think of me.  Real estate is a full time job and your realtor needs to be prepared for all situations.

Thank you very much,

Adam Bashein
Call:  (301)943-4370
(301)469-4700 - ask for Adam
adambashein@mris.com
www.basheinhomes.info

Adam Bashein
Licensed in MD & DC
Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment