Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Home sellers: Is your home's property condition ready for home buyers?



Cell:  (301)943-4370
Email:  adambashein@gmail.com
www.basheinhomes.info


As I was touring homes earlier today with a client, one home stood out to me for the wrong reason.

With the home's layout, the master bathroom (on suite to the master bedroom) is parallel to the hall bath. Neither the master bathroom nor the hall bath has a vent. In the old days legally you didn't need to for bathrooms that have windows (master does, hall bath does not).  So the owner of this home cut out a square in the hall bath parallel to the window of the master bath for cross ventilation.  
That is weird and I would love to see what an inspector would write up in the report about the hall bath. Invest a little money in both baths so they are in solid condition for yourselves and when you sell. This kind of look is a red flag to realtors and buyers.  Fully prepare your homes to function well and correctly while you live there as well as when you are ready to sell.

Whenever your family, friends or colleagues are thinking of selling, tell them to invite me offer to walk through the house and I will give them a free consultation, advice on items they really should address when getting ready to sell.  And, if they are looking to buy, I would love to work with them.  In order to best serve my buyers, I ask seller's realtors questions about when something looks unusual to me, so I can understand their logic, if it makes sense.

Most importantly, since I am not and don't pretend to be a professional home inspector, I know some outstanding home inspectors who I would recommend to you, whether to do a pre-market inspection or to get an inspection on your home purchase.

Thank you and I always have time for your referrals.

Life is good!

Adam
adambashein@gmail.com
www.basheinhomes.info

Direct/Cell:  (301)943-4370
Office:  (301)921-4500 - ask for Adam
Licensed in MD & DC
RE/MAX Realty Group
information deemed to be accurate but not guaranteed






No comments:

Post a Comment